Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Turkey Burger and Fries



Ingredients:

1 Package of Organic Ground Turkey
1 Green Pepper
1/2 Sweet Onion
1 Small Package of Organic Mushrooms
1 Sweet Potato
1 Package of Dried Onion Soup
1 Egg
Feta Cheese (to taste)
Hand full of Flax seed
Small dollop of butter (Smart Balance Light)
PAM 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil

How I did it?

First preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
Then cut the sweet potato into either wedges or slices.
Place the slices on a baking tray. After that either spray or brush on olive oil (I used PAM) on both sides of the slices, and add pepper (and/or salt) to taste.
Place the sweet potato in the oven. This cooks for 20-25 minutes and requires flipping half way through.
Then mix the ground turkey, dried onion soup, egg, flax seed and small crumb lings of feta cheese. (I grill so at this point I preheat the grill to medium.)
Cut up the green pepper, onion and mushrooms.
Put the burgers on the grill.
Finally saute the vegetables with the dollop of butter, and if necessary use some water to help cook the vegetables before the butter sears the vegetables.

This all takes 30-40 minutes from start to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.