
Ingredients:
1 Large and Thick Organic Grass Fed Steak
1/2 Organic Yellow Onion
1/2 Head of Cauliflower
1 Package of Organic Sliced Shitake Mushrooms
1 Medium Sized Organic Potato
1 Small Dab of Butter (I use Smart Balance Light)
1 Handful of Organic Fresh Peeled Garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste
Small amount of Organic Olive Oil
Aluminum Foil
How I did it?
First I pre-heat the oven to 400. (Actually I have a George Foreman Baker because it heats the house up less.) Once the oven is heated, form some Aluminum Foil into a cup like shape. Then put in the garlic and just enough olive oil to barely cover the garlic. At this point close off the top and place it on a small cooking tray in the oven. (A muffin pan can be used as a little pod holder.)
After that pull out the steak and lightly salt n' pepper the outside on both sides. The salt will seal the juices in while cooking and the pepper is to taste. I recommend letting it sit for 5-10 minutes before putting it on the grill. (I usually just use as little salt as possible as I love red meat.)
Then wash and cut the potato into cubes. Place it in a pot and turn the stove onto high. Then cut a head of Cauliflower in half and trim off the leaves. Place this in another pot on a steamer and turn the stove to high. (I over fill the cauliflower pot because it will be steaming for a long time.)
Turn the grill on. (I place it on high as I like my steak bloody and red with a seared outside, but the cooking of the steak will be up to you.)
At this point take a few minute break. Its hard to over boil the potato and the longer the cauliflower is steaming the softer it will get.
Take the shitake mushrooms and place them in a large pan with some water. Throw it on the stove and place it on high. While the mushrooms heat up cut the 1/2 onion into long slivers.
Once the water is half way gone place the onions into the pan. Then as the water is almost out place a small dab of butter in the pan to flavor the mushrooms and onions. Put the stove on medium. At the same time place the steak on the grill. With my grill it takes about 5 minutes each side, with a 1/3-1/2 inch thick steak. That'll leave the middle hot and almost raw with an outside grilled to perfection.
Once the butter melts continue to mix the pots contents. During this part drain the cut up potato and put it in a bowl with the cauliflower. They should both be so soft that they fall apart. (Don't forget about the steak.)
Pull the garlic out of the oven. It should have been in there for somewhere around 35-40 minutes. Make sure the it falls apart. If you have a food processor toss it in there and make a garlic sauce with the oil. If not (like me) put the garlic and oil into the pot with the potato and cauliflower. (Don't forget you still cooking the mushroom mix stiring it.) Mix until the whole bowl is one solid consistency. You may add some salt and pepper to flavor. If I'm not behaving I like to put some Season All (the orange one) in for some flavor. Once the mushroom mix and steak is cooked to your liking take then serve and enjoy. I cooked the mushroom mix on medium for about 5 minutes making sure to not let it burn and to mix it.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.